We are currently looking for at least 200 meditators:
- from beginners to experienced meditators
- from all meditation traditions
- current participants in mindfulness-based programmes as well as former participants who continue practicing
With other words, if you currently practice any form of meditation please consider participating in this research.
Some conditions apply:
- You are at least 18 years of age and without a current mental health diagnosis.
- You are willing to install our research app on your smartphone (via Google Play Store, or Apple App Store)
- You are prepared to engage with the research for three weeks.
Participants are entered into a prize draw to win one out of four £100 Amazon vouchers (or the equivalent in € or $, to be redeemed on Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.de, or Amazon.com, respectively).
What is the research about?
Impressive strides have been made in meditation and mindfulness research, but robust evidence about the long-term effects of meditation is still very limited. Also, we know very little how the dosage of meditation – i.e. the frequency and length of meditation sessions – influences the effects. Similarly, it is unclear whether the quality of meditation practice – a somewhat slippery concept – can be captured and, if so, whether it influences the effects.
This study is part of a project that lays the groundwork for addressing these questions. Although only three weeks long, it will provide us with insights whether studying meditation dosage and quality with a smartphone app is meaningful.
If so, we aim to develop the app further, to become even more useful for researchers and eventually also for meditators.
To find out more and decide whether to take part check out the study website: https://meditationexp.com/